Saturday, May 1, 2010

The smile, coffee and love....

Sitting by the window once,
Sipping the warm, relaxing cup of coffee,
Stirring in the sugar, she smiles to herself,
The twinkle in her eyes makes me wonder,
Is it someting i said, or just the coffee?
Or something which is on her mind,
for quite sometime now.
Nothing! she replys to me
with the same sweet smile
and gets lost in the coffee
There has to be something,
which makes her glow,
the blush on her cheeks,
looks like roses lent her some.
But i still have the confused look,
and then, just like that
She looks at me in the eye,
Those eyes, i never realised,
were so clear and deep,
I raised an eyebrow,
like silently saying, say something now!
And just before she says something
a beautiful crystal tear,
trickles down her eye
paving way through the blush.
And finally she says,
Have you ever been in love..
with someone you know you can't be with?
I look at her dumbstruck
as she looks away,
her lips part into a smile,
The crystal tears loses identity,
But there's got to be some way,
but you can, he can, what,but....
Nothing really made sense,
I wish i could help,
But how?
She looks outside the window,
and hums a song,
I know those lyrics, and the song by James Blunt
"But its time to face the truth,
I will never be with you"
No i don't think she is insane,
The smile on her face made me realise,
Love never keeps the condition of
being with the one you love,
Funny how she affected my life in
just a few minutes,
and just then i realised
the coffee had gone cold,
But it didn't matter anymore....
The lesson i learnt had left
warmth in my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment